Vice President- Home Care Innovation & Operations
The Vice President, Home Care Innovation & Operations is responsible for developing strategies and driving operational excellence for Indiana University Health's statewide innovative home-based care and hospice services located in Indianapolis, Lafayette, Bloomington, Muncie, and several surrounding areas. The team provides seamless, high quality and cost-effective care and is a key participant in IU Health’s efforts to reduce the cost of care while improving patient experience.
IU Health has established itself as a forward-thinking and innovative system in the areas of home-based care models and hospice service execution. Leveraging our longstanding Remote Patient Monitoring program and several successful virtual care models, IU Health has built a robust Hospital at Home program that has served nearly 2,000 patients since the start of Covid-19. This program is being expanded to realize significant cost savings opportunities, scarce clinical resource utilization and length of stay improvement. In our hospice service, IU Health has achieved top quartile hospital mortality performance by establishing a robust, patient and family centered hospice service. All of the success realized from these programs has been a function of high performing teams working together and modeling IU Health’s core values of Team, Excellence, Purpose, and Compassion.
The leader is responsible for ensuring IU Health’s home care innovation services deliver the best possible patient experience through accessibility, convenience, and great patient care. This role collaborates with senior leadership and front-line team members, executes organizational development strategy, and motivates change initiatives across the portfolio to optimize organizational potential and achieve strategic and operational objectives. This position reports to the Senior Vice President, SHS Clinical Operations. The position will have 5 to 6 direct reports with an organization size of approximately 340 team members.
Home care innovation services are part of the System Health Solutions (SHS) business unit which delivered $1.2B in net revenue in 2021. SHS, formed in 2015, brings together many diverse service lines critical to meeting the needs of patients and clients in the complex and constantly evolving world of healthcare. In 2019, Community Health, Population Health, and IU Health plans were brought into SHS to further align the organization to execute on key system strategies.
- Bachelor's Degree is required. Master's Degree is preferred.
- Requires 10+ years of experience working in clinical operational oversight functions, preferably in a highly matrixed organization.
- Requires a demonstrated ability to understand and operate within regulatory frameworks.
- Requires analytical capabilities and problem solving to form a plan of action.
- Requires the ability to lead cross-functional work teams.
- Requires strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Requires strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and Local regulatory agency guidelines and laws.
- Must be a visionary leader who knows how to optimally drive change in a complex, matrixed, distributed and yet system-oriented environment.
- Must embody IU Health's mission, embrace its vision and values, and lead through respect, humility, and intellectual curiosity.
Safeguarding our patients and each other is an important part of how we deliver the best care possible to the communities we serve. As a condition of employment, IU Health requires all new hires to receive various vaccinations, including the influenza and COVID-19 vaccines, barring an approved exemption. New hires will also be provided the option to submit proof of previous vaccination.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.