Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA, HHA, HCA or PCA)
Perks and Benefits*:
- Earn up to 1% wage increase every Quarter
- Work for us and earn $1000 for each person you refer and is hired
- Access to earned wages prior to payday
- Generous PTO Plan
- Career Development
- An employee engaged Scheduling system
- Employee Appreciation events; Attendance Programs,New employee Referral Program
- Affordable Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Benefits
- 401K Retirement Plan
Oh, and did we mention an amazing Team Environment?
*Some benefits may vary depending on position and employment status
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Must be State Registered or Certified Nursing Aide/Assistant in the state for which position is held.
- Previous experience working with the elderly in a residential or long-term care setting is also preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English to communicate effectively with residents, families, visitors, and other staff members.
- Must be able to perform job duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Able to pass the necessary tests (i.e., CPR, First Aid, Food Handlers, etc.) if required by state regulations.
- Assists residents with activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, eating, transferring, and mobility
- Assists residents to/from appointments with lifting, turning, moving, positioning, and transporting residents into/out of beds, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchair lifts etc.
- Perform restorative and rehabilitative procedures/plans as instructed including but not limited to ambulation with/without self-help devices, range of motion exercises, dining, and bowel/bladder training.
- Assist in the care of the dying resident and provide post-mortem care as instructed.
- Engages residents in meaningful conversation, socialization, and activity while providing personal care assistance
- Responds to all resident needs and/or requests for care promptly, and provides or obtains assistance with care as necessary
- Upholds Residents’ Rights at all times
- Supports and upholds all company policies and care philosophy
- Observes residents for changes in physical, emotional, mental, or behavioral condition, unusual symptoms, accidents, injuries, or unusual occurrences, and reports promptly to a licensed nurse
- Completes all forms and documentation such as incident reports, change of condition reports, and behavior tracking, as requested, and in a timely manner
- Assists in the dining room during resident mealtimes
- Encourages residents to participate in scheduled activities and outings, and assists with those activities as needed
- Provides residents with opportunities for self-expression and enhanced self-esteem through spontaneous individual or small group interaction and activity
- Makes resident beds, empties resident garbage, and tidies resident rooms daily and as needed
- Cleans bedrails, over-the-bed tables, nightstands, etc. as necessary to keep the resident’s room tidy and clean.
- Changes resident bed linens according to Community schedule and as needed if soiled, stained, or dirty.
- Changes resident towels on daily and as needed if soiled
- Maintains resident clothing and clothing closet in a clean, neat, and orderly manner
- Cleans dining room tables and chairs after meals and snacks
- Notifies Housekeeper of spills and soiled areas; assists with clean-up as needed. When no Housekeeper is on duty, cleans up spills and soils immediately
- Assists with straightening chairs, pillows, and decorative items in common areas as needed, and returns items to the appropriate location when found out of place
- Assists in cleaning wheelchairs, walkers, and other resident equipment per Community cleaning schedule and as needed
- Makes frequent rounds on assigned residents to facilitate their needs being met.
- Assists with admissions and performs the inventory and marking of personal items.
- Assists residents with bowel and bladder functions, monitoring of bowel movements, and specimen collection (i.e., urine and stool, etc.) as instructed.
- Monitors rooms for adequate lighting, and safety hazards as appropriate.
- Uses only the equipment trained on in a safe manner.
- Cleans, disinfects, and returns resident care equipment to its designated storage area after use.
- Follows established isolation procedures.
- Attends all required staff meetings and in-service training sessions and any other form of learning to achieve required continuing education to maintain registered/certified nursing aide status.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and contributes to an atmosphere of team spirit and cooperation within the Community
- Answers phones as needed, in a prompt and courteous manner
- Promotes customer service and positive community relations by treating residents, families, other staff, and all visitors in a courteous, helpful, and friendly manner
- Assists with other duties as assigned
Who are We?
As a Sinceri Senior Living community and certified Great Place to Work®, we are an established and dedicated senior living care provider, where every team member takes great pride and responsibility in creating Meaningful Moments ® for our residents. We strive to make each resident interaction positive, meaningful, and unique to them. Through an in-depth understanding of our resident’s life stories, we are able to Honor their Experience of Aging and create an environment that feels just like home.
If you are interested in building your health care career,providing holistic care for our residents and their families, and would like to see what our community has to offer, apply online and join our amazing team.
Certified by our employees as a Great Place to Work ® for our 4th Year in a row!
- 93% of our associates shared "My work has special meaning; this is not just a job."
- 95% of our associates shared "People celebrate around here"
- 94% of our associates shared "I’m proud to tell others I work here"
- 91% of our associates shared "People care about each other here"
Questions about the application process? Come visit us and our staff will be happy to assist you!