Business Systems Analyst (System Application Analyst, Entry)
Oregon Health & Science University
Portland, OR, US
Department OverviewThis entry-level position is a member of assigned Core Services and Application delivery team and interacts with all levels of the organization. The incumbent is responsible to provide excellent internal customer service and reliable follow-through in the roles of Business Process/Systems Analyst. Primary responsibilities:
- Document business requirements by conducting interviews/facilitating meetings;
- Defining basic feature set requests, use cases, process diagrams and work with internal leadership on obtaining sign off on requirement documentation;
- Work closely with IT Project Manager to monitor systems analysis project deliverables and UA test team output;
- Identify core and basic gaps in delivery and implementation processes and documentation, and facilitate and identify solutions to these gaps.
Function/Duties of PositionBusiness Systems/Process Analysis
- Act as liason between the group and the end user contact for assigned work and projects.
- Conduct interviews with campus customers and stakeholders to assimilate knowledge and understanding of business problems, operational and technology requirements to document business needs, use cases, workflow diagrams, user stories and business system requirements.
- Work with leadership to recommend delivery approaches and gap resolution.
- Conduct research on proposed technology solutions; assist the users and key stakeholders with understanding various tools and support processes to facilitate acquisition decisions with feasibility/cost-benefit analysis.
- Translate technical specifications/requirements into informative, user-friendly system documentation, guides and end user navigation aids.
- Work with training staff as needed to develop educational programs for end-users on assigned applications.
- Perform business analysis, systems analysis, workflow analysis, system testing, user acceptance test leadership or other duties necessary on other strategic initiatives or special projects as requested at the direction of management or as assigned by the Hiring Manager or IT Project Manager.
This position is currently 100% telework/remote and may include remote work long-term. Candidate must be able to work from home full-time initially.
Required QualificationsEducation/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, a related field, or a clinical field and one year work related experience in the information technology field or a combination of clinical or operational healthcare environments; OR Associate’s degree in computer science, a related field, or a clinical field and two years work related experience in the information technology field or a combination of clinical or operational healthcare environments; OR Three years work related experience in the information technology field or a combination of clinical or operational healthcare environments; OR Equivalent combination of education and experience where one year of experience will be substituted for an Associate’s degree and two years of experience will be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree Job Related Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Competencies):
- Must have strong customer-service orientation.
- Must have excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills both on the phone and in person with ability to avoid IT jargon when communicating with internal business customers and writing UA test plans.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, while being collaborative in brainstorming and resolving problems.
- Must be comfortable facilitating test cycles, leading end user testing and sign off process, while maintaining requirements traceability, release scope, test scope, and change control.
- Must have strong proficiency compiling process maps and using diagramming software.
- Must have strong proficiency in MS Office suite, project management and collaboration tools.
Additional DetailsPlease note: Effective Oct. 18, 2021, all OHSU employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious exception. If you are hired by OHSU after Oct. 18, you will need to be fully vaccinated (or obtain an approved exception) prior to starting work, and need to provide proof of vaccination (or approved exception) within 10 days of starting work.
All are welcomeOregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or email@example.com. As an organization devoted to the health and well-being of people in Oregon and beyond, OHSU requires its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.