Do you have the PRN career opportunities as a Phlebotomist you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Parkridge East Hospital which is part of the nations leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Parkridge East Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Phlebotomist PRN where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
What you will do in this role:
- You will collect blood samples ensuring proper patient identification and labeling of samples.
- You will follow hospital policies and procedures for transporting/delivering samples to laboratory.
- You may perform special tests such as clotting time, bleeding time and glucose tolerance tests and report test results.
- You will maintain records of tests performed and blood samples taken.
- You will maintain needed equipment and supplies.
What qualifications you will need:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Formal phlebotomy training and experience preferred
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Parkridge East Hospital is a 120+ bed facility in East Ridge. We provide a full range of medical and surgical services. These services include orthopedics and robotic surgery. We have a 24/7 Emergency Department. This ED is recognized by the Society of Chest Pain Centers as an Accredited Chest Pain Center. The facility also offers obstetrical care and complex gynecological procedures. We also hold a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Specialized providers in the NICU include neonatologists, neonatal nurses and respiratory therapists. These staff are on site at all times. Visit us for excellent general and OB care!
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Phlebotomist PRN opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status