Avalon Health Care
Hale Nani Rehabilitation & Nursing Center is looking for an experienced Registered Dietitian for an On Call position!
The Registered Dietitian is responsible for providing medical nutritional therapy to long-term care and rehabilitation residents with a variety of medical conditions. This position works in conjunction with administrators, Nutrition Services managers, regional dietitian and other regional consultants to provide clinical nutrition care to residents. The Registered Dietitian position works as an interdisciplinary team member and works under limited supervision.
- Helps to ensure compliance with the provision of quality food service and nutritional care to residents.
- Completes comprehensive nutrition assessments for all residents and incorporates nutrition interventions into the individualized interdisciplinary plan of care for residents as indicated.
- Insures that all assessments and care plans meet professional standards of practice, reflect current evidence-based practice, and are in full compliance with all applicable regulatory statutes.
- Participates with the interdisciplinary teams to provide professional guidance for assessing and implementing care strategies and monitoring nutrition and hydration status of residents.
- Assists in the orientation of new Nutrition Services managers.
- Assists in the training of Nutrition Services managers regarding Clinical nutrition care of residents.
- Serves as a resource to the facilities regarding nutritional care through consultation and in-service education.
- Responds to emergent situations in all regional facilities as required.
- B.Sc. in Nutrition
- Clinical and administrative background in Dietetics
- Demonstrated experience in leadership role
- 1 year experience in Long Term Care
- Food service experience