Clinician / Social Worker (Licensed or Non-Licensed) - Every Weekend or Every Other Weekend
Weekend or Every Other Weekend Clinician/Social Worker - Licensed or Non-Licensed
Poplar Springs Hospital is a 183 bed acute care and residential facility. For more than 30 years Poplar Springs Hospital has been guided by its mission of helping those who need the full continuum of behavioral health services. Our facility offers behavioral and psychological treatment for adults and adolescents through our acute programs, adolescent residential programs, as well as programs for active duty military. Poplar Springs Hospital is located in Petersburg, Virginia, 20 minutes south of Richmond and 50 minutes north of North Carolina. Situated on 25 acres, our serene, nature-like setting offers our patients a sense of calm and peace. We offer families hope through a nurturing environment for adults and adolescents to flourish in their environment.
Much more online at: https://poplarsprings.com/
We have a new opening for a Clinician/Social Worker. The Clinician/Social Worker will provide psycho-social assessments, individual and family therapies. Carry a case load, develop treatments plans, lead special focus process groups/educational groups, participate in unit activities, maintain regular contact with resident’s referral sources and families. Provides timely and accurate documentation. Participates in referral development activities. Participates in performance improvement committees and other hospital committees as indicated. Performs continuous quality improvement activities, such as chart audits and documentation review. Other duties as assigned. Must be able to work weekends, and holidays as needed.
As a participant in the PRN Staffing Program, I understand that I am agreeing to make myself available upon request by Poplar Springs Hospital (PSH) to work on an “as needed” basis for weekend positions for a specified period. As such, I understand that I am subject to the same employment requirements as other staff of PSH. Additionally, I agree to the terms of the PSH Staffing Agreement as stipulated below.
- As a participant in the PRN staffing program, I agree to work where assigned.
- I understand my hourly rate. Therefore, it is agreed I am not eligible for any benefits including but not limited to personal leave, bereavement leave, any of PSH life, disability, or health insurance programs. Worker’s compensation coverage will be maintained. PRN employees are not eligible for any cost-of-living adjustment.
- I understand that I am expected to work a minimum of four (4) shifts each month. The weekend shifts maybe divided or consecutive but must be a Saturday and Sunday unless otherwise stated by your supervisor. I understand that as PRN staff, I must work at least one summer (Memorial Day, Independence Day, or Labor Day) and one winter (Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Year’s Day) holiday. I will remain in compliance with Policy #1447. Please note that these holidays will rotate yearly.
- I will be available to assist with coverage of planned absences that may extend over prolonged periods (i.e. vacations, staff sickness, and vacant positions).
- I will provide the Director of Clinical Services with a list of days I’m available to work 14 days prior to the start of each month. The Director of Clinical Services will assign my days according to the hospital needs and notify me of the assigned days 2 days after receiving PRN staff availability.
- If clinical administration determines that I am not meeting the needs of the facility, on a consistent basis, I will no longer be eligible to participate in the PRN staffing program. I understand that I will also be expected to meet all other criteria for continued employment, as required of all PSH employees. This includes annual trainings, renewals of licensures/certifications as well as attendance of all mandatory meetings (exemption from meetings must be pre-approved by the Director of Clinical Services).
- In the event I am aware of days or periods of time when I will not be available to accept assignments at PSH, for example, vacations, illness or family emergencies, I will notify the Director of Clinical Services, in the manner that is consistent with the policies and procedures of PSH.
- If I call out of a scheduled shift, I am aware that I will need to pick up a shift the following weekend.
- The rate of hours worked on one of PSH’s observed holidays, as outlined in the Employee Handbook, would be one and one-half times the regular PRN rate. This rate is effective beginning at 11 PM on the eve of the holiday through 10:59 PM the day of the holiday.
- I understand the PSH attendance and leave policy applies to all scheduled and accepted shifts.
- I understand that PSH reserves the right to alter and/or cancel this Program at any time in its sole and absolute discretion.
- I also understand nothing in this PRN Staffing Agreement constitutes a contract; Poplar Springs Hospital is an at-will employer. Employment by Poplar Springs Hospital is not for a definite term and may be terminated by you or the facility at any time for any reason. Employment is contingent upon your agreement to abide by all company policies and procedures required for your position, including Service Excellence.
As one of the nation's largest and most respected providers of hospital and healthcare services, Universal Health Services, Inc. has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Growing steadily since its inception into an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, annual revenues totaled over $11.6 billion in 2020. In 2021, UHS was again recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by Fortune; in 2020, UHS ranked #281 on the Fortune 500 and listed #330 in Forbes ranking of U.S. Largest Public Companies. With its headquarters in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has 89,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates 26 acute care hospitals, 334 behavioral health facilities, 39 outpatient facilities and ambulatory care access points, an insurance offering, a physician network and various related services located in 38 U.S. states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom.
If this opportunity is of interest to you, please contact Tina Spiers, Human Resource Manager at 804-862-6318 or send your resume to Tina.Spiers@uhsinc.com.
- LPC/LCSW Preferred - not required
- CPR Required (offered on-site)
- Handle With Care Required (offered on-site)
- MS degree required in counseling, psychology or related social services field.
- Minimum of two years experience in direct patient care preferred.
- Must have course work, training, and/or experience in patient population of assigned program (adult/adolescent), and must demonstrate developing technical and managerial competence in position responsibilities.
- Must be at least 21 years of age per Commonwealth of Virginia Interdepartmental Regulation of Children’s Residential Facilities. (22VAC42-11-380, pg. 43)
- Must have patience, tact, and a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm.
- Good communication skills; must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Basic clerical skills, basic experience with office equipment (telephone, copy machine, fax, etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Ability to problem solve and accept feedback when circumstances warrant such actions.
- Willingness to interact with patients with varying levels of cognitive functioning.
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
At UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching skill-set and experience with the best possible career path at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449.
UHS is a registered trademark of UHS of Delaware, Inc., the management company for Universal Health Services, Inc. and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. Universal Health Services, Inc. is a holding company and operates through its subsidiaries including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. All healthcare and management operations are conducted by subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc. To the extent any reference to "UHS or UHS facilities" on this website including any statements, articles or other publications contained herein relates to our healthcare or management operations it is referring to Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Further, the terms "we," "us," "our" or "the company" in such context similarly refer to the operations of Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Any employment referenced in this website is not with Universal Health Services, Inc. but solely with one of its subsidiaries including but not limited to UHS of Delaware, Inc.
UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.