Assistant Professor - Physician
OHSU Family Medicine is part of OHSU School of Medicine. OHSU Family Medicine is focused on family health, and Family Medicine is now providing Immediate Care. Our patient care is among the nation's best, ranked #1 among the nation's medical school family medicine departments by U.S. News and World Report. We provide preventive, primary and specialty care for you, your children, your spouse, your parents and your grandparents. We provide all that family medicine has to offer - from maternity care through geriatrics including Sports Medicine. Our clinics are home to more than 120,000 patients every year, but despite the large number, our physicians, nurses and other clinic staff know their patients - and their families - by name.
The appointee shall provide services as assigned by the supervisor in furtherance of the university’s missions and goals of teaching, research, patient care, outreach and public service.
Function/Duties of Position
- Provide full spectrum family medicine care.
- Work collaboratively with full and part time faculty to maintain an active practice.
- The Appointee shall provide services as assigned by the supervisor in furtherance of the university’s missions and goals of teaching, research, patient care, outreach and public service.
- The faculty member will be expected to have a strong commitment to developing the practice into a vibrant clinical and academic operation, which is successful from both a professional and business point of view.
- The faculty member will be expected to participate in continuing education, professional and faculty development and scholarship. Previous work experience in primary care is required.
- The Appointee will directly see patients in their clinic eight half days per week and have two half day’s available for administrative duties/scholarship duties. Expectations for number of patients seen per half day will be commensurate with that of other faculty and with minimum target numbers of 8-10 visits per half day depending on complexity of the patient population.
- The Appointee will be expected to document using the electronic health record and maintain complete and timely patient care documentation consistent with OHSU and Family Medicine policies and procedures.
- Be available for teaching activities including but not limited to resident precepting, student precepting, didactics and more.
- By mutual agreement between the Department and the physician, this position may include Inpatient Care (at OHSU and/or Tuality) with call duties being shared with the faculty inpatient call group.
- The Appointee will be expected to participate in seeing patients during expanded access hours in the clinic, including their share of evenings and weekends, and call coverage. The Appointee will be expected to have a strong commitment to developing the practice into a vibrant clinical and academic operation, which is successful from both a professional and business perspective.
- The Appointee will be expected to rotate with all Family Medicine clinics (Richmond, Richmond, Richmond Walk-In, South Waterfront, Scappoose, and Beaverton Clinic(s)) in this Immediate Care role.
- Board Certified or Board Eligible. (Licensed in Oregon)
- M.D./D.O. with a graduate medical education in an ACGME accredited Family Medicine Residency.
- At least one year of experience in an Urgent Care Setting.
- Capable of providing comprehensive health services
- Certified to prescribe
- Approved staff privileges at OHSU University Hospital, Tuality Hospital and other specific community hospitals.
- Multilingual (Not Required)
Compensation for the position will include a University base academic salary and a clinical incentive system based on productivity, as well as, personal initiative.
All are welcomeOregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or email@example.com. As an organization devoted to the health and well-being of people in Oregon and beyond, OHSU requires its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.