Clinical Laboratory Scientist III PRN
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Laboratory Department. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Seeking a Certified Medical Technologist III to join our team who is responsible for performing complex medical laboratory tests for diagnosis and treatment of disease, analyzing and assuming accountability for accurate test results, maintenance of complicated instruments, and monitoring quality control and quality assurance programs.
In this role, the Certified Medical Technologist III will:
- Perform specimen processing and testing independently to include moderate and high complexity testing.
- Analyze test results - demonstrate knowledge of pathological processes with correlation of disease states and test results.
- Understand, perform, and practice preventive maintenance; troubleshoot and take corrective action. Demonstrate pro-active problem solving skills to include identifying a problem and taking appropriate action; know when to seek guidance to complete troubleshooting protocol.
- Understand, perform, and practice quality control to include running controls, evaluating data, documentation of data, and taking corrective action as required. Communicate any relevant QC information to supervisor/lead tech.
- Review, write or modify departmental procedures or policies.
- Meet timeliness for gaining skills. Satisfactorily complete competency checklist for this position. Assume responsibility for own development to include cross-training in other functions or positions to ensure satisfactory operation of the department or to permit flexible staffing assignments.
- Associate’s degree, a minimum 5 years of experience in a clinical lab setting is required. Clinical lab experience is preferred for those with a Bachelors degree.
- One of the following certifications is required: MT(ASCP), MLS(ASCP), MT(AMT), MT(AAB), CLS(NCA), MT(HEW), CLT(NCA), MLT(ASCP), or MLT(AMT). The certification requirement is waived for those with 10 + years of lab experience.
Methodist ER Boerne opened in 2008 as the first 24/7 freestanding emergency center in South and Central Texas. It includes 15 private treatment rooms and offers a high level of emergency care with the depth of resources of an acute care hospital to include radiology, full service laboratory, and telemetry services. The Methodist ER Boerne exceeds national standards for rapid evaluation and treatment in emergency cardiac cases, with impressive times between a patients arrival, evaluation, travel time to San Antonio and having an angioplasty. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist ER Boerne under Locations, Emergency Rooms.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.