Pharmacy Technician II, Morristown Medical Center
Atlantic Health System is seeking a full-time Pharmacy Technician II for the Pharmacy Department at Morristown Medical Center to work 7AM-3PM, including every other weekend.
- Filling Orders: Fills orders accurately and promptly for the pharmacist to check and dispense. Prepares extemporaneous preparations accurately. Routinely stocks all areas. Replenishes all carts, trays, boxes, and kits accurately. Legibly signs all paperwork associated with these processes. Notes problems on patient profiles for the pharmacist to follow up on when necessary. Performs cart/bin exchanges transferring bulk medications when necessary, returning unused/discontinued IVs/medications, checking dating on multiple dose medications, and replacing medications/supplies when needed.
- Distribution/Returns: Handles requests via phone, window, fax, and computer in a professional and timely manner. Distributes orders to the appropriate pharmacist for processing when necessary. Delivers medications to specified areas via the pneumatic tubes, hand-delivery, and courier to expedite services. Brings back and sorts returns from nursing stations.
- Teamwork: Supports the departmental goals as a team player by assisting staff members and being flexible in roles and responsibilities. Complies with departmental coverage guidelines. Actively supports the Atlantic Health strategic goals.
- Sterile Preparations: Prepares IVs aseptically and in a timely manner promoting efficiency and cost effectiveness. Reviews levels of batched IV medications, batches, documents all required information, and assures batches are checked and put away promptly. Checks rates and status of IVs and assists in the coordination of treatments and clearances to minimize waste and optimize treatment. Demonstrates a strong knowledge of IV equipment, sterile technique, total parenteral nutrition, and safe-handling of hazardous drugs, preparation and precautions. Legibly signs all paperwork and/or labels associated with these processes.
- Automated Dispensing Machine: Fills automated dispensing machines accurately and promptly. Fills stock outs, fixes failed drawers, and delivers discrepancy reports. Removes expired medications and records destruction. Reviews daily compare reports and processes reconciliation sheets in CII safe. Resolves daily problems with equipment and issues or escalates to the next level and follows up. Performs monthly inspections of designated automated dispensing machine. Legibly signs all paperwork and/or labels associated with these processes.
- Repackaging/Inventory Control: Repackages oral medications accurately. Assures all products are bar-coded. Places ancillary labels on specified products when necessary. Checks expirations on all medications, pulls outdated products and places in a segregated area to be returned/destroyed. Retrieves recalled medications from all stock locations. Obtains medications when needed. Puts supplies away in appropriate locations. Legibly signs all paperwork and/or labels associated with this process.
- Performance Improvement/Customer Satisfaction: Answers phones, window, and door promptly and in a courteous manner. Able to handle problems/issues independently. Participates in internal and external performance improvement and cost savings initiatives. Supports and actively participates in departmental and system initiatives. Seeks opportunities to work independently on projects, teams and committees. Is professional and helpful to patients, coworkers, and allied health professionals. Works with the pharmacist to maintain workflow.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- College courses desirable but not required
- 2+ years previous hospital pharmacy experience preferred
- Current active registration and license with the State of New Jersey Board of Pharmacy
- Current Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB)
Atlantic Health System aims to deliver the highest quality, safety and care combined with the best experience for our patients and their families. We are confident that you will find success within Atlantic Health System, which has been named for the 14th year in a row to Fortune’s “Top 100 Best U.S. Companies to Work For” list. We believe you will find that our culture of collaboration and care exemplifies the value we place on our patients, their families, and our employees.
Atlantic Health System, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and therefore abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment, on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, or veteran status.