Willow Springs Center has immediate openings for Unit Coordinators to work in our Residential Treatment Center.
Located in the heart of the Sierras, Reno, Nevada provides a destination location where employees can live, work and play. The location itself is a benefit; not to mention Nevada has no state income tax.
Working at Willow Springs Center means building a career that is dynamic and satisfying; having the opportunity to work and learn from some of Nevada’s leading mental health professionals; and being a part of something meaningful that changes the world, one child at a time.
Work at Willow Springs Center is a life path.
At Willow Springs Center, we seek high performing, compassionate professionals dedicated to impacting the lives of youth ages 12 to 17 years. If you have a desire to make a difference through the work that you do, Willow Springs may be the place for you.
The Unit Coordinator is necessary to patient care by:
1. Transcribes patient treatment orders. Notes all orders with the date and time transcribed.
2. Verifies accuracy of all transcribed orders and obtains approval by a licensed nurse.
3. Answers unit telephones in a courteous manner; prepares messages and responds to urgent telephone calls quickly.
4. Assures that blank charts are always available for new admissions, ensuring that all necessary legal and clinical forms are present; notifies nights to compile.
5. Files clinical reports in the medical record and maintains a system for assuring that clinical reports are reviewed and initialed by the attending physician/licensed practitioner prior to filling the clinical record.
6. Assists in ordering patient and staff supplies for the units and maintain the established levels of inventory and supplies.
7. Assists in admission and discharge process for patients, processing belongings in a timely manner for intake and collection for discharge.
8. Maintains a file of master copies and prints originals/copies as necessary.
9. Maintains open charts in an orderly fashion, ensuring open charts are labeled neatly with the patient's name, room number and physician/licensed practitioner name.
10. Mails patient correspondence, as requested.
11. Schedules appointments with outside care providers
12. Completes request forms for laboratory and other diagnostic tests.
13. Maintains a system for filing laboratory and other diagnostic request forms, which ensures that tests are completed in the proper time frame and that the information on the request form is complete and accurate.
14. Maintains medical records for accuracy during admission, inpatient, and discharge ensuring that documentation and forms are filed neatly and consistently.
Please note this is not a full depiction of duties and other duties may be assigned.
Education: High School graduate or equivalent. College credits toward a behavioral science (Psychology, Social Work and Sociology) undergraduate degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum one year in a psychiatric/mental health or healthcare setting; demonstrated knowledge of psychiatric patient care techniques; demonstrated understanding of mental illness and related behavioral management techniques. At least 1 year clerical experience required.
Certifications: CPR Certification through AHA, Handle with Care
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to these requirements may be considered.
UHS is a registered trademark of UHS of Delaware, Inc., the management company for Universal Health Services, Inc. and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Universal Health Services. Universal Health Services, Inc. is a holding company and operates through its subsidiaries including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. All healthcare and management operations are conducted by subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc. To the extent any reference to "UHS" or "UHS facilities" on this website including any statements, articles or other publications contained herein relates to our healthcare or management operations it is referring to Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Further, the terms "we," "us," "our" or "the company" in such context similarly refer to the operations of Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Any employment referenced in this website is not with Universal Health Services, Inc. but solely with one of its subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware, Inc.
All employment at “UHS” is with one of the subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc., including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. Universal Health Services is a holding company.
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success