Telemonitor Technician - Days
Join the SSM Health Team and Fulfill Your Calling!
At SSM Health, we bring together and cultivate exceptional people. When our employees thrive, so does our healing Mission.
SSM Health is committed to creating a partnership with employees. We ask our employees to actively engage and participate in decisions that impact on their work. We celebrate together and recognize those people who help us deliver an exceptional experience.
SSM Health offers competitive compensation. In addition, relevant work experience will be factored into your offer. Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
- Income based medical insurance premium discounts
- HSA/FSA options
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Generous PTO
- 403b/401k retirement plans
Position Specific Information
Minimum Rate (if entry level): $18.00
Location: Inpatient Service Unit
Monroe Clinic Hospital
515 22nd Ave, Monroe, WI 53566
Schedule: 24 hours a week as a day shiftEnsures continuous monitoring of cardiac rhythms by observing cardiac monitors; maintains all records and reports of rhythm strips in accordance with the established nursing standards and procedures.
- Runs strip at time of admission, every 4 hours, and with any rhythm change.
- Measures PR, QRS, and QT and interprets rhythm accurately when a strip is run.
- Each strip is signed with first initial, full last name and position.
- Tubes completed rhythm verification form to appropriate unit in a timely manner. Posts strips on telemetry log for all units.
- Notifies appropriate unit and staff for any changes in baseline rhythm, including heart rate, or potentially lethal rhythms in adults or children according to protocol.
- Ensures that alarms are on at all times and set at appropriate limits for adults and children according to protocol.
- Notifies appropriate staff when electrodes or batteries need to be checked, replaced or changed.
- Demonstrates awareness of the effect certain procedures or medications have on a patient’s rhythm.
- Runs continuous strip for sustained VT, V-fib, asystole and bradycardia less than 40 per minute until code team arrives or otherwise notified.
- Maintains telemetry logs, current patient information, does transmitter/SPO2 inventory per shift, and telemetry charges.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- No experience required
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and gripping.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.