Registered Nurse, Atlantic Visiting Nurse
Atlantic Health System is seeking a full-time Registered Nurse for Atlantic Home Care to work from 8 AM to 4 PM in the Morris / Somerset County area, including weekends and on-call as required by department. In this position you will work with adult and geriatric patients of all backgrounds who require daily care in their homes. You are compassionate, thoughtful, and comfortable working with elderly and terminally ill patients. You will be responsible for managing a heavy caseload; time management skills are essential. However, it is important to provide each patient with the time and attention necessary to meet his or her needs.
Essential Job Functions:
- Physical assessment of patient providing MD ordered treatments, extensive patient education, frequent communication with providers.
- Candidate will have the ability to utilize the nursing process to assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate the plan of care for patients served. Through the model of Shared Governance, collaborate with all members of the health care team with a focus on promoting evidenced based care within a healing culture for the patient population served and their families.
- Candidate will demonstrate and embrace the PRIDE core values (Professionalism, Respect, Involvement, Dignity and Excellence) in every aspect of their job.
- Perform evaluation tasks, including vital signs and medication review.
- Administer medication as prescribed by the patient's physician.
- Dress or undress open wounds and assess progress of healing.
- Educate patients and families on proper home health care strategies and procedures.
- Coordinate with Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists, Physicians and anyone else involved in the patient's care plan.
- Provide palliative care as needed to keep patients comfortable.
- Make recommendations for devices or tools that might improve the patient's quality of life.
- Listen to the patient and respond to concerns or requests.
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Compassionate and friendly demeanor
- Ability to travel to multiple patients per day
- Intermediate computer skills
- Ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program required
- BSN Preferred
- Valid New Jersey Nursing License required
- Current BLS certification required
- 2 years of home care or acute care experience
Atlantic Health System aims to deliver the highest quality, safety and care combined with the best experience for our patients and their families. We are confident that you will find success within Atlantic Health System, which has been named for the 14th year in a row to Fortune’s “Top 100 Best U.S. Companies to Work For” list. We believe you will find that our culture of collaboration and care exemplifies the value we place on our patients, their families, and our employees.
Atlantic Health System, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.