Dietary Aide - Part-time
Forest View Hospital, located just seven miles southeast of downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan, is a private 108 bed psychiatric facility that serves children, adolescents and adults. We are licensed by the State of Michigan, fully accredited by The Joint Commission and we bring more than 45 years of experience to the evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of behavioral health problems. As a part of our continued success and growth, we are seeking qualified applicants for a Full Time Dietary Aide.
A dietary Aide, under direct supervision, is responsible for salad and cold food preparation for all hospital meals served, serving patients and staff meals. Other responsibilities include maintaining clean and sanitary work areas in the kitchen, serving area and dining room.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Serve food on patient tray line and in cafeteria to meet the dietary needs of patients and staff.
- Maintains sanitation standards and follows Department of Public Health regulations to ensure food quality.
- Prepares diets and food requisitions, obtains accurate patient, staff, and guest meal counts.
- Follows dietary and hospital safety procedures to prevent accidents and injuries.
- Treats patients and staff courteously to better serve their dietary needs.
- Meets hospital attendance policy.
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plans
- 401(K) with company match and discounted stock plan
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Basic Life Insurance of 1x your salary
- Short-Term Disability (STD) and Long-Term Disability (LTD)
- Student Loan Reimbursement of $200/month
- Pet Insurance and much more!
The hours for this position are 6am-2:30pm, Monday, Tuesday, and every other weekend.
One of the nation’s largest and most respected providers of hospital and healthcare services, Universal Health Services, Inc. has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Growing steadily since its inception into an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, annual revenues were $11.6 billion in 2020. In 2021, UHS was again recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; in 2020, ranked #281 on the Fortune 500; and listed #330 in Forbes ranking of U.S.’ Largest Public Companies. Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has 89,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates 26 acute care hospitals, 334 behavioral health facilities, 39 outpatient facilities and ambulatory care access points, an insurance offering, a physician network and various related services located in 38 U.S. states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom.
Forest View Hospital is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. Forest View Hospital is an equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
At Forest View Hospital, our Human Resources department is here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career path. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning Forest View Hospital, UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at: or 1-800-852-3449.
- Must possess good physical and mental health to perform job-related duties.
- On the job training will be provided although some food preparation experience would be helpful
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions in order to operate food service equipment and follow direction
- Must be able to complete assigned tasks in order to provide an efficient, safe, sanitary, attractive and orderly facility.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination status or an approved medical or religious exemption.