Registered Nurse RN Supervisor
- Department: Stepdown
- Schedule: Days; 3 12's
- Hospital: Ascension St. Vincent's Birmingham
- Location: 810 St. Vincent's Dr., Birmingham, AL 35205
As a military friendly organization, Ascension promotes career flexibility and offers many benefits to help support the well-being of our military families, spouses, veterans and reservists. Our associates are empowered to apply their military experience and unique perspective to their civilian career with Ascension.
Paid time off (PTO)
Various health insurance options & wellness plans
Retirement benefits including employer match plans
Long-term & short-term disability
Employee assistance programs (EAP)
Parental leave & adoption assistance
Ways to give back to your community
*Please note, benefits and benefits eligibility can vary by position, exclusions may apply for some roles (for example: PRN, Short-Term Option, etc.). Connect with your Talent Advisor today for additional specifics.
Supervise, coordinate, and provide leadership while directing activities of clinical/non-clinical or interdisciplinary teams of licensed and non-licensed caregivers and support staff delivering quality patient care and ensuring implementation of clinical objectives in an assigned area.
- Assess daily patient care needs and develop and distribute patient care assignments of clinical/non-clinical or an interdisciplinary team of licensed and non-licensed caregivers and support staff, ensuring that population appropriate patient care is given.
- In accordance with the applicable State Nurse Practice Act, delegate appropriate duties to clinical/non-clinical or interdisciplinary teams of licensed and non-licensed caregivers and support staff based on their assessed skills and abilities.
- Gather information from other members of the clinical/non-clinical or interdisciplinary team and usesthis data to plan for the care of all patients on the unit for the shift.
- Evaluate the care delivered by other licensed and non-licensed caregivers and support staff by providing direct and immediate feedback and coaching, ongoing verbal and written feedback to the clinical/non-clinical leader on the performance of staff and evaluating the performance trends under his/her direction and recommend and participate in corrective/disciplinary action as required.
- Participate in the hiring process for new staff members assigned to the shift by conducting interviews and making hiring ecommendations to the clinical/non-clinical leader.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date required.
- American Heart Association or American Red Cross accepted.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Alabama Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- Required professional licensure/certification AND 1 year of cumulative job specific experience required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team
Ascension St. Vincent's employs over 4,800 associates and has been serving Birmingham and surrounding communities for more than 122 years. As an associate, you will find rewarding career opportunities at one of our five hospitals and several other healthcare facilities including an outpatient wellness facility that offers medical, imaging, fitness, nutrition and spa services.
Ascension is a leading non-profit, faith-based national health system made up of over 150,000 associates and 2,600 sites of care, including more than 140 hospitals and 40 senior living communities in 19 states.
Our Mission, Vision and Values encompass everything we do at Ascension. Every associate is empowered to give back, volunteer and make a positive impact in their community. Ascension careers are more than jobs; they are opportunities to enhance your life and the lives of the people around you.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information, view the EEO Know Your Rights (English) poster or EEO Know Your Rights (Spanish) poster.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.