Endoscopy Surgical Tech - Endoscopy GI
- Sign-on bonus: Up to $7,000.00
- Department: Endoscopy GI
- Schedule: Full time, Days. Four shifts per week (36 hours). Occasional on-call (every 5th week).
- Hospital: Ascension St. Alexius
- Location: 1555 Barrington Road, Hoffman Estates, IL 60169
As a military friendly organization, Ascension promotes career flexibility and offers many benefits to help support the well-being of our military families, spouses, veterans and reservists. Our associates are empowered to apply their military experience and unique perspective to their civilian career with Ascension.
Paid time off (PTO)
Various health insurance options & wellness plans
Retirement benefits including employer match plans
Long-term & short-term disability
Employee assistance programs (EAP)
Parental leave & adoption assistance
Ways to give back to your community
*Please note, benefits and benefits eligibility can vary by position, exclusions may apply for some roles (for example: PRN, Short-Term Option, etc.). Connect with your Talent Advisor today for additional specifics.
Facilitate the safe and efficient performance of surgical procedures.
- Prepare surgical operating suite with sterile and non-sterile instruments and supplies.
- Hand required and requested instruments and supplies to surgeon during surgery.
- Assist with preparing, transporting, positioning and draping patients.
- Maintain instruments in an organized manner and monitor and track instruments counts throughout procedures.
- Assist surgeons’ provision of hemostasis during surgery.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider preferred. American Heart Association or American Red Cross accepted.
- High School diploma equivalency with 2 years of cumulative experience OR Associate's
degree/Technical degree OR 4 years of applicable cumulative job specific experience required.
Previous Endoscopy experience preferred.
Why Join Our Team
Ascension Illinois delivers compassionate, personalized care throughout Chicago and its surrounding suburbs. As one of the largest health systems in Illinois with 15 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care, you will find an environment that allows you to thrive and create a career path you love. Join a diverse team of more than 17,000 associates and more than 600 providers who are dedicated to providing compassionate, personalized care to all.
Ascension is a leading non-profit, faith-based national health system made up of over 150,000 associates and 2,600 sites of care, including more than 140 hospitals and 40 senior living communities in 19 states.
Our Mission, Vision and Values encompass everything we do at Ascension. Every associate is empowered to give back, volunteer and make a positive impact in their community. Ascension careers are more than jobs; they are opportunities to enhance your life and the lives of the people around you.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information, view the EEO Know Your Rights (English) poster or EEO Know Your Rights (Spanish) poster.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electornic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more inforamtion.