Assistant Chef/Chef | Full-Time at Dorset Place Memory Care
Enlivant is seeking an Assistant Chef
at Dorset Place Memory Care in Oklahoma City, OK
$1,000 Sign-On Bonus!
Who we are:
Enlivant is about living fully, passionately, and enriching lives through meaningful relationships and vibrant communities. We have a sense of fun at every age, thriving in mind, body, and spirit. For more than 35 years, we have enriched the lives of thousands of residents in more than 200 senior living communities across the country.
Enlivant is a certified “Great Place to Work” and we believe in not only making an impact in our industry but also with each other.
How others describe us:
“Enlivant is where compassion for residents and their families trumps all else.”
“Employees enjoy the people they work with every day, and they find leadership cares and invests in their development and the company's culture.”
“I find Enlivant places value in becoming a company where everyone's personal diversity is valued and respected, and where everyone can reach their full potential. There’s a warmth and employees seem to genuinely care about each other.”
What we have to offer you:
- A commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging
- Professional development and career growth opportunities
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Company paid life insurance
- Additional coverage options, including Short Term Disability, Accident, Legal, Critical Illness, and pet insurance
- A variety of family centered leaves, including New Child Leave
- Flexible paid and unpaid time-off benefits
- 401k Matching
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discounts on products/experiences through Purchasing Power/Perks at work
As the Assistant Chef, you will be responsible for assisting the Chef with dining services for our residents at an Enlivant community.
- Ensures compliance with all laws, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures as they relate to foodservice within the communities
- Maintaining kitchen sanitation, safety standards, and ensuring that all work/storage areas are clean, free of hazards, and properly arranged
- Prepare and assist with plating meals from scratch
- Ensure a high degree of resident satisfaction at the community
- Additional duties as assigned
- Experience with food preparation including cooking and plating meals
- The ability to carry out tasks quickly and competently
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds unassisted
- The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, and work overtime as needed
- The ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience with dining services in a Chef, Cook, Sous Chef, or Dietary Aide role
- Experience in senior living, restaurant or banquet setting helpful
- CPR/First Aid Certified - can be obtained upon employment
- Remain flexible and adaptable
- Work harmoniously with other employees and develop/maintain good employee relations and employee morale
- Uphold the principles of our mission: to enrich life through meaningful relationships and vibrant communities
- Express compassion for residents, staff, and guests on a consistent basis
- Engage others in fun and creative activities
- Strive for excellence in all aspects of the job
- Work with integrity in all interactions
- Demonstrate humility
Pay Range: $12.50 - $14 / hour, Based on Experience
We’re also proud to be the first senior living company to earn the WELL Health-Safety Rating across all our communities.
You are required to complete any necessary health requirements which may change from time-to-time, such as vaccination.
Enlivant provides equal employment opportunities for qualified individuals and does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, national origin, age, disability or other prohibited bases.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.