Hourly Pay: $20-25/hr depending on experience
Full-Time Sign-On Bonus of $1,000.00!
Under general supervision, the Cook's primary objective is the preparation of food items to ensure high standard of quality and quantity to meet the needs of the residents for the Residential Living, Assisted Living, Memory Support and Health Center Dining Room. Handles food in accordance with sanitary standards and recognized food preparation standards.
- Prepares food, including but not limited to: washing, trimming, cutting, portioning, measuring, mixing, and panning;
- Cooks food including: baking, broiling, frying, steaming, braising, boiling, and pressure cooking;
- Prepare food for booked catering events;
- Provides meals that are properly cooked, tasty, and attractive meeting high standards for quality and presentation and ensuring dietary needs are met;
To be successful in the role, you would have:
- Prior culinary, food service, or restaurant experience
- Food Handler’s certification
- ServSafe certification (preferred)
What's in it for you?
As the largest nonprofit owner/operator of senior living communities in California and one of the largest in the country, we are more than just a place to work. We are here to ensure that all we serve are provided with every opportunity to become their best selves as they define it, and this begins with YOU.
HumanGood offers competitive pay and phenomenal benefits. Eligible positions (30+ hours/week) start with 20 paid days off, plus seven holidays, a company-matching 401(k) and health plans that give you cash to use for those unexpected health issues. We provide healthcare benefits for our part-time and per diem team members! We also offer a Tuition Reimbursement to promote your career advancement. You can view more information about our total rewards HERE.
Come see what HumanGood has to offer!
The health and safety of our team members and residents is our top priority and with the increasing spread of variants of COVID-19, it is critical that we do all we can to protect one another from this disease.
Where required by regulation or company policy, you will be required to show proof of up-to-date COVID vaccination or proof of a vaccination appointment prior to your start date (as applicable). Exemptions based on religious beliefs and qualifying medical reasons will be considered.