Epic Professional Billing (PB) - Revenue Cycle Application Analyst III-SSVS
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Epic Professional Billing (PB) - Revenue Cycle Application Analyst III-SSVS - Req # 2830630
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Epic Professional Billing (PB) - Revenue Cycle Application Analyst III is a senior level analyst position responsible for maintaining in-depth and continually acquiring new knowledge of Epic EHR software, working independently in completing project tasks and leading the execution of the following tasks as part of ongoing support as well as new systems implementations. This includes building system components, testing, documentation of workflows and other project information, implementation support and maintenance of Epic EHR software. This position requires the ability to independently interact with clients and guide decision making as well as demonstrate critical thinking and follow-through when developing solutions to identified issues.
- Successfully maintains existing and/or achieves certification in Epic PB, Claims, Remittance, Charge Router or other job related courses as assigned by the manager and determined by the Epic Course Catalog.
- Demonstrates understanding of healthcare Revenue Cycle workflows, business operational functions and objectives.
- Works with operations and IT leadership to identify and specify complex business requirements and processes (e.g., diverse development platforms, software, hardware, technologies and tools, etc.).
- Researches and evaluates alternative solutions and recommends the most efficient and cost effective solution for the systems design considering existing systems, available technology, the capacity and limitations of equipment, operating time and form of desired results.
- Establish standards around build tasks to ensure consistency across implementations
- Designs a detailed systems testing plan to ensure an accurate and effective product.
- Analyzes existing system logic difficulties and revises the logic and procedures involved as necessary.
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of the system and provide guidance to other staff in analyzing issues and the development of potential solutions
- Act as a point of escalation for complex multi-system issues
- Tracks and fully documents changes for functional and business specifications; writes detailed universally understood procedures for permanent records and for use in training.
- Responsible for daily support of Epic PB, Claims, Remittance, Charge Router, and shared areas of Epic such as Facility Structure, Payers/Plans and others as assigned
- Participates in related projects as assigned.
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business Administration, Information Technology, Finance or Healthcare, or equivalent combination of education and pertinent experience in health care field.
Epic Professional Billing (PB or Epic Hospital Billing (HB) Certification is required
- 3 or more years of experience in Epic PB related areas.
- Seeking areas of expertise in Epic PB, Claims, Remittance, Charge Router, and shared areas of Epic such as Facility Structure, Payers/Plans and potentially others.
- Revenue Cycle Management operational business knowledge and/or experience with a focus on Revenue Cycle Management is a big plus.
- Experience working in a large scale, complex, academic healthcare organization with managed care, billing and accounts receivable, and/or reimbursement activity preferred
- Experience in working on medium to large sized systems projects in a technology-driven environment
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity, equity, and inclusion are key drivers for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education, and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together. We invite you to participate actively as a part of the Mount Sinai Health System team by:
- Using a lens of equity in all aspects of patient care delivery, education, and research to promote policies and practices to allow opportunities for all to thrive and reach their potential
- Serving as a role model confronting racist, sexist, or other inappropriate actions by speaking up, challenging exclusionary organizational practices, and standing side-by-side in support of colleagues who experience discrimination
- Inspiring and fostering an environment of anti-racist behaviors among and between departments and co-workers
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people and to create an inclusive, welcoming and nurturing work environment where all feel they are valued, belong, and are able to professionally advance. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, contribute to the patient experience and quality of patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our history!
Who We Are
Over 42,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System (MSHS) provides equal employment opportunity to all its employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, age, disability, marital or parental status, sexual orientation, veteran, immigration, citizenship, or other protected status.
EOE including Veterans and Disabled
The Mount Sinai Health System (MSHS) provides a salary range to comply with the New York City Law on Salary Transparency in Job Advertisements. The salary range for the role is $99,200.00 - $148,800.00 Annually. Actual salaries depend on a variety of factors, including experience, education, and hospital need. The salary range or contractual rate listed does not include bonuses/incentive, differential pay or other forms of compensation or benefits.