The Division of Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care Medicine (PACCM) provides expert care for patients with lung diseases in our pulmonary clinics, patients with allergies and immunologic disorders in our allergy clinics, and critically ill patients in our intensive care units. In addition to our commitment to outstanding clinical care, we are proud of our extensive research programs, from basic science to clinical trials. Our educational mission includes teaching on many levels, including our two fellowship programs in Pulmonary Critical Care and Critical Care Medicine.
Read more about PACCM on our website: www.ohsu.edu/pccm
Function/Duties of Position
The Division of Pulmnary, Allergy, and Critical Care Medicine at Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU) is seeking an Executive Specialist to provides executive level administrative support to the PACCM Division Chief and provides administrative support to our division's leadership team.
- Provides executive-level administrative support to division chief. Handles complex meeting arrangements and coordinates schedules for high-intensity, busy executive calendar. Coordinates travel arrangements. Anticipates needs and advises of commitments. Responds to requests from internal and external constituents. Screens requests for meetings with the chief. Supports recruitment, faculty annual review process, promotion and tenure process, and handles confidential correspondence.
- Provides administrative support to division leadership (~16-20 roles) in carrying out divisional and strategic projects.
- Social media and website support. Coordinates collection of material; helps format, provide ideas and develop material; posts approved content to website and department social media accounts; and monitors social media accounts and coordinates responses to comments as needed.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Four years of secretarial or executive assistant experience; OR an Associate's degree or certificate in office occupations or office technology and three years of secretarial or executive assistant experience; OR a Bachelor's degree and two years of secretarial or executive assistant experience; OR an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Demonstrated previous experience in providing high-level administrative support.
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency and versatility in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Must demonstrate: strong initiative, excellent customer service skills, excellent organizational skills, the ability to prioritize and make sound independent judgements and decisions, active listening skills, excellent professional communication and interpersonal skills both written and oral, excellent grammar, punctuation and spelling skills, the ability to multitask effectively, strong attention to detail, the ability to learn in a self-directed manner, and pleasant, professional behavior.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions.
- Works independently and able to anticipate the needs of the Chief in advance of meetings and projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- 2+ years of previous administrative support experience and experience working in an academic medical environment.
- 4+ years experience in a senior-level (chief/chair/vice chair/administrator) administrative support capacity.
- Prior experience in a university setting.
- Meeting/event planning experience.
- Experience with website and social media content development.
- Monday-Friday between 8:00am and 5:00pm. Rarely, evening or weekend assignments may occur.
- The position may be a combination of on-campus and remote work. OHSU recommends employees utilize public and other forms of transportation and provides transit passes for purchase at steep discounts. While daily parking permits are available for purchase on a limited basis, there is a long waitlist for monthly parking permits at OHSU.
- Must be able to travel to different areas of OHSU's campus, up to 90 minutes per day. Ability to carry and lift up to 30lbs. Must be able to work at a computer for 8 hours per day.
All are welcomeOregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or email@example.com. As an organization devoted to the health and well-being of people in Oregon and beyond, OHSU requires its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.