Surgical Technician - Operating Room
- Department: Operating Room
- Schedule: PRN, Day Shift, Monday - Friday 6:00 am - 4:30 pm, 10-hour shifts, NO CALL, NO NIGHTS, NO WEEKENDS, NO HOLIDAYS
- Hospital: Ascension St Vincent's Chilton County
- Location: Clanton, AL
As a military friendly organization, Ascension promotes career flexibility and offers many benefits to help support the well-being of our military families, spouses, veterans and reservists. Our associates are empowered to apply their military experience and unique perspective to their civilian career with Ascension.
Paid time off (PTO)
Various health insurance options & wellness plans
Retirement benefits including employer match plans
Long-term & short-term disability
Employee assistance programs (EAP)
Parental leave & adoption assistance
Ways to give back to your community
*Please note, benefits and benefits eligibility can vary by position, exclusions may apply for some roles (for example: PRN, Short-Term Option, etc.). Connect with your Talent Advisor today for additional specifics.
Facilitate the safe and efficient performance of surgical procedures.
- Prepare surgical operating suite with sterile and non-sterile instruments and supplies.
- Hand required and requested instruments and supplies to surgeon during surgery.
- Assist with preparing, transporting, positioning and draping patients.
- Maintain instruments in an organized manner and monitor and track instruments counts throughout procedures.
- Assist surgeons provision of hemostasis during surgery.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider preferred. American Heart Association or American Red Cross accepted.
- High School diploma equivalency with 2 years of cumulative experience OR Associate's
degree/Technical degree OR 4 years of applicable cumulative job specific experience required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team
Ascension St. Vincent's employs over 4,800 associates and has been serving Birmingham and surrounding communities for more than 122 years. As an associate, you will find rewarding career opportunities at one of our five hospitals and several other healthcare facilities including an outpatient wellness facility that offers medical, imaging, fitness, nutrition and spa services.
Ascension is a leading non-profit, faith-based national health system made up of over 150,000 associates and 2,600 sites of care, including more than 140 hospitals and 40 senior living communities in 19 states.
Our Mission, Vision and Values encompass everything we do at Ascension. Every associate is empowered to give back, volunteer and make a positive impact in their community. Ascension careers are more than jobs; they are opportunities to enhance your life and the lives of the people around you.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information, view the EEO Know Your Rights (English) poster or EEO Know Your Rights (Spanish) poster.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.