Admissions Nurse - Beaverton
Admissions Nurse (RN/LPN)
Shift Type: Full-Time
Shift: Monday - Friday 11:30a-7:30p
Location: Avamere Rehab of Beaverton - 11850 SW Allen Blvd, Beaverton, OR 97005
At Avamere, you join a team with a culture and mission to enhance the life of every person we serve. This is more than a job – it’s a place where our team members build lasting relationships with patients and residents, their families, and fellow team members.
- Tuition assistance
- Mentorship opportunities
- Career Development
- Employee assistance program featuring counseling services, financial coaching, free legal services, and more
- Generous employee referral program
- Paid time off/sick leave (rolls over annually)
- 401K retirement plan with employer match
- Comprehensive benefits package with medical coverage, voluntary dental, vision, and life insurance, short-term disability, and AD&D coverage
Avamere understands the importance of affordable and accessible healthcare for our team members and is very excited to partner with SEIU 503 and the Essential Worker Healthcare Trust to offer an excellent health insurance benefit plan at a significantly reduced cost to the employee.
Starting in 2023, our Full-Time Oregon team members will be able to participate in a PPO or HMO plan with deductibles as low as $800.00 with significantly reduced premium costs. Employees will be eligible to start using their benefits within their first month of hire – no 60+ day waiting period! Vision, Dental, STD, LTD, AD&D, and other benefits are available for enrollment as well
The primary responsibility of this position is to oversee the admissions process for new and readmitted residents, and coordinate with each department their responsibilities in the process.
- Ensure the resident's room is clean, safe, orderly and comfortable upon arrival.
- Ensure the necessary equipment and supplies are available and ready upon resident's arrival.
- Be the first point of contact for resident's family, give facility tours and answer questions.
- Conduct/coordinate resident assessments upon admission.
- Initiate resident care planning with nursing and all necessary departments and personnel.
- Alert department heads of any admissions changes pertinent to their department.
- Identify and collect necessary information and paperwork to complete resident admission and documentation.
- Complete required recordkeeping in regards to your role.
- Other nursing duties as assigned.
- Participate in facility surveys by authorized government agencies.
- Must possess a nursing degree from an accredited college or university.
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a RN in this state.
- Knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations and guidelines that pertain to nursing care facilities.
- Must chart nurses’ notes in an informative and descriptive manner that reflects the care provided to the resident and resident’s response to care.
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records and computer documentation systems.
- Effective communication, organization and prioritization skills.
- Customer service skills/experience required.
- Knowledge of reimbursement programs, Medicare and Medicaid preferred.
- Maintain confidentiality of all resident care information in accordance with HIPAA guidelines.
Please Note: Effective Oct. 18, 2021, all Avamere employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious exception. If you are hired by Avamere after Oct. 18, 2021, you will need to be fully vaccinated (or obtain an approved exemption) prior to starting work and need to provide proof of vaccination (or approved exemption) within 10 days of starting work.
Avamere Skilled Advisors, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify