Mervyn Sharp Bennion Central Utah Veterans Home is seeking a dependable, enthusiastic, and dedicated Cook to join our outstanding team!
Do you enjoy cooking and especially for others? The Cook is responsible to prepare food in accordance with prescribed resident diet specifications, facility procedures, and dietary and sanitary regulations under the supervision of the Dietary Services Manager. We are looking for individuals who embrace a reverence for life and a heart for healing. With enthusiasm and compassion, our Avalon family works with our patients and their families as well as with our communities to celebrate life every day!
At Mervyn Sharp we currently have 108 residents, 9 different units including Memory Care and Rehab. Each resident has their own private bedroom and bathroom. Each of our residents have served in at least 1 war anywhere from WWII - Operation Enduring Freedom.
Starting pay: $18.00hr+ depending on experience
Some of our amazing benefits including:
Medical, dental, Vision, and 401K
Career advancement courses
Apply today for a fulfilling and worthwhile career with Avalon!
Food Preparation and Serving:
- Prepare and serve food and meals food in accordance with planned menus.
- Direct and assist in cleaning and sanitizing work areas, equipment and floors, dishes and utensils; check all trays for menu and diet preferences and accuracy; ensure proper storage of food and supplies; adhere to universal precautions and sanitary, safety, and infection control policies and procedures.
- Be able to work in a non-temperature regulated environment (work near ovens, stoves, enter walk in refrigerators/freezers).
- Ensure that food and supplies are available for the next meals and assist in inventorying and storing incoming foods and supplies, and
report any hazardous conditions, equipment, accidents, and incidents.
- Must be 17 or older.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess a Food Handler’s permit / ServSafe certification as per State requirements.
- Must have the ability to read, write, and effectively communicate in English.
- Must be able to relate positively and favorably to residents, families and to work cooperatively with other associates.
- Must pass drug screening, criminal background investigation and reference inquiry.