MRI Tech Assistant
Saint Louis ,MO ,US
Assists technologists and provides support for the imaging department.
- Explains procedures to patient to ensure understanding. Provides appropriate educational material. Alternative: Explains procedure(s) to patient, including a description of risks, benefits, alternatives, and follow-up, and obtains consent.
- May take radiologic film providing images to physicians. May, under direct supervision, deliver the prescribed course of radiation therapy.
- May assist with simulation procedures by providing films and preparing contrast material according to department policy and procedure.
- May transport patients to and from clinical areas and verifies patient identity according to policies and procedures. Assists technologists with preparing patient for radiology exam by positioning the patient for the procedure.
- Assists technologists with filing, delivering and retrieving patient reports and charts, matching films to folders, and delivery of reports to patients and physicians.
- Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines. Prevents patient from being exposed to unnecessary radiation.
- Performs post procedural duties including patient discharge, room clean up and restocking supplies. Assists with inventory control.
- May assist Radiologist with patient assessment, patient management and radiological procedures.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- No experience required
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more).
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication.
- Frequent use of hearing to distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent lifting/moving of patients.
- Frequent reaching, gripping and keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional use of vision to identify and distinguish colors.
- Occasional bending, stooping, squatting, twisting and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Rare kneeling and sitting.