Dietitian - Clinical
Evaluates, assesses, and plans nutrition care to meet patient nutritional needs.
• Assesses patient nutritional status using documented medical information and established nutritional standards.
• Counsels patients and/or families by identifying nutrition-related problems. Develops plans of instruction and nutritional care, and monitoring results.
• Identifies inpatients at nutritional risk and documents recommendations.
• Participates in physicians' rounds, discharge planning rounds, and conferences with nutritional implications.
• Participates in the development of departmental policies, procedures, nutritional standards, patient educational material, and QI projects.
• Conducts education programs for patients, community groups, and staff.
• Certified Diabetes Educators (CDE) may counsel patients on overall diabetes management outlined by Diabetes Centers of New Hampshire (DCNH) to include: hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, medication: insulin and oral hypoglycemic agents, exercise, monitoring of blood glucose, sick days, hygiene and complications.
• Performs other duties as required or assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited program in nutritional sciences.
• Prior specialty experience preferred.
• Certification by the National Board for Diabetes Educators preferred.
- Area of Interest: Allied Health;
- FTE/Hours per pay period: 0.40 - 16 hrs/per week;
- Shift: Day;
- Job ID: 15128;