RN / Registered Nurse / OR / Surgery / FT / Days
Northwest Texas Healthcare System is a 495 bed system serving the city of Amarillo and the surrounding region. We offer the ideal combination of traditional values and the most advanced technologies in healthcare, plus the conveniences of big city living in a friendly, smaller-town atmosphere. From the beauty of Palo Duro Canyon and great recreational facilities, to our quality educational system, Amarillo is a great place to live and work.
A hospital is only as good as its caregivers. That's why we're looking for health professionals who are dedicated and passionate about their work. We're looking for employees who can add to our culture of exemplary patient care and personal excellence. We're looking for exceptional professionals who share our vision and values.
Visit us online at: https://www.nwths.com/careers
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides safe, competent nursing care for patients in accordance with facility policies, standards, and philosophy. Provides professional leadership and support to the healthcare team. The concepts of Patient Centered Care will provide the foundation for all nursing care. Demonstrates Service Excellence standards at all times
PROVISION OF SERVICES/CARE STANDARDS
- Develops, implements, and evaluates an age-appropriate plan of care utilizing the nursing process, clinical skills, and patient education.
- Maintains professional behavior when dealing with issues or conflicts, utilizing appropriate resources, as needed.
- Provides an environment conducive to safety for patients, families, visitors, and employees.
- Assess risks to patient safety and implement the appropriate precautions.
- Complies with appropriate and approved standards, as outlined by the organization and accrediting agencies.
- Complies with safety and injury prevention standards to minimize risk to self, co-workers, patients, and visitors. The concepts of the patient centered care delivery model will provide the foundation for all nursing care.
WHAT DO OUR CURRENT NURSES VALUE AT NWTHS?
An environment that puts patient care first. One of the most rewarding aspects of working as a Registered Nurse (RN) is providing excellent care, comfort, and security to the patients and families you treat, at their most vulnerable times. Having the opportunity to grow, learn, and advance in your career. There are very robust continuing education options and opportunities for leadership development as a Registered Nurse (RN) with UHS. Supportive and responsive leadership. Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
- · Challenging and rewarding work environment
- · Competitive Compensation and Generous Paid Time Off
- · Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plans
- · 401(K) with company match and discounted stock plan
- · SoFi Student Loan Refinancing Program
- · Career development opportunities within UHS and its 300+ Subsidiaries!
- · Tuition Reimbursement
- · Retention Bonus Program
- · Loan Forgiveness Program
One of the nation's largest and most respected providers of hospital and healthcare services, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Growing steadily since its inception into an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, annual revenues were $11.6 billion in 2020. In 2021, UHS was again recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by Fortune; in 2020, ranked #281 on the Fortune 500; and listed #330 in Forbes ranking of U.S.' Largest Public Companies. Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has 89,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates 26 acute care hospitals, 334 behavioral health facilities, 39 outpatient facilities and ambulatory care access points, an insurance offering, a physician network and various related services located in 38 U.S. states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE AND LICENSES / REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
- Graduate of an accredited or NLN-approved RN program
- Must successfully pass any pre-employment assessment(s).
- BLS from the American Heart Association (or obtained during orientation) and maintain certification throughout employment
- Current state nursing license or permit to practice nursing in the State of Texas.
- De-escalation training within 90 days of hire; does not require maintaining
- Ongoing compliance with demonstration of clinically pertinent competencies as determined by the facility.
Northwest Texas Healthcare System, a subsidiary of UHS, is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
At UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching skill-set and experience with the best possible career path at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public web-mail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com <https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fuhs.alertline.com%2F&data=02%7C01%7C%7Cd7a306b32f7243f1bd4608d82cc6d79b%7C3d1686d1b444415a93fd1aab58a64f3a%7C1%7C0%7C637308579810986670&sdata=Cqoe6%2BeNfe428E6rWfm%2B%2BuYlGWTS%2BI2F2s%2Be8t%2B8obA%3D&reserved=0> or 1-800-852-3449.