SH MRI Technologist - Lead
University of Maryland Medical System
Easton ,MD ,US
- Executes clinical competence in MRI across all locations and all patient types. Selects accurate technical factors on an individual patient basis and demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to age of the patient. Administers contrast according to facility policy.
- Leads clinical and ancillary staff of the MRI department and facilitates a productive work flow for efficient department operation. Maintains inventory of departmental supplies.
- Performs quality assurance activities. Identifies and reports equipment malfunctions and assures proper follow-up correction by repair services. Resolves clinical/functional issues and escalates problems to the appropriate leadership.
- Provides feedback on staff performance; trains and orients imaging personnel in procedures, equipment, and information systems. Collaborates with departmental leadership to plan, implement, and evaluate budgetary functions, personnel performance, staff scheduling, and educational activities. Actively participates in coaching/mentoring staff in all aspects of job performance.
- Oversees documentation of patient care activity in various electronic health records systems.
At Shore Regional Health, you can learn, grow and make a lasting impact on patients and families. You’ll experience the support of a collaborative work environment and a sense of collegiality unlike any other. Our comprehensive system has many locations and practice options to choose from throughout the beautiful Eastern Shore of Maryland.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND LICENSE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED:
- Associate degree, or Certificate, in radiologic technology, or MRI, from a program accredited by an agency recognized by the US Department of Education (USDE) or Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Sciences or related field, preferred
- Minimum of 3 years MRI experience, required.
- 4+ years MRI experience, preferred.
- ARMRIT and/or ARRT (MRI) Certification, required.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support Certification, required.
Additional InformationAll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.