Patient Access Representative I
Saint Louis ,MO ,US
Responsible for communicating with patients, participants and staff to accurately schedule patients for prescribed procedures and gather the necessary demographic, insurance and clinical information for the procedure.
- Gathers information from patient and enters into appropriate database. Seeks appropriate resources to resolve issues about the type, date or location of prescribed procedures.
- Schedules patient procedures in a manner that most efficiently utilizes the patient's time and clinical resources. Coordinates and communicates schedules.
- Assists with coordination of activities related to insurance pre-certification/authorization.
- Provides counseling to patient, participant or their representative regarding pre-service requirements and instructions.
- Performs clerical and reception duties associated with patient registration.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- No experience required
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and gripping.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.