Medical Assistant II, FF Urgent Care (part-time, days, FF)
The Medical Assistant II is responsible for providing direct patient care in support of a provider in an ambulatory care setting under the direction and supervision of a licensed physician. The Medical Assistant may administer medications upon completion of medication administration course and specific authorization and supervision of a physician. Distribution of staff and patients may require reassignment to other nursing areas.
1. Education: High school graduate or equivalent preferred. Graduate from an accredited Medical Assistant program. Program or additional classwork in medication administration required.
2. Licensure/Certification: Medical Assistant Certification from certifying agency required. Current AHA certification or equivalent in basic CPR. Certified Phlebotomy Technician highly preferred. Medical Administration competency complete.
3. Experience: One year’s experience in ambulatory care setting preferred. Previous experience with medication administration required.
4. Skills: Demonstrated effective time management skills. Must demonstrate and maintain current knowledge and skill in providing ambulatory nursing care as appropriate for patients in the following age groups: Geriatric, Adult, Young Adult, Pediatric and Neonatal. Knowledge of medical terminology.
5. Interpersonal Skills: The NorthBay Way is a set of value-based behaviors that are to be consistently demonstrated and role modeled by all employees that work at NorthBay Healthcare. The NorthBay Way principles consist of Caring, Communication, Collaboration, and Competence.
Hourly Salary Range Min $24.57 - Max $27.09 (Offered hourly rate based on years of experience)