Patient Access Rep-Emergency Department
- Department: Emergency Department/Financial Counseling
- Schedule: Rotating Days; 3 pm to 11:30 pm
- Hospital: Lourdes Hospital
- Location: Binghamton, NY
As a military friendly organization, Ascension promotes career flexibility and offers many benefits to help support the well-being of our military families, spouses, veterans and reservists. Our associates are empowered to apply their military experience and unique perspective to their civilian career with Ascension.
Paid time off (PTO)
Various health insurance options & wellness plans
Retirement benefits including employer match plans
Long-term & short-term disability
Employee assistance programs (EAP)
Parental leave & adoption assistance
Ways to give back to your community
*Please note, benefits and benefits eligibility can vary by position, exclusions may apply for some roles (for example: PRN, Short-Term Option, etc.). Connect with your Talent Advisor today for additional specifics.
Communicate with patients, participants and staff to accurately schedule patients for prescribed procedures. Performs clerical and reception duties associated with patient registration.
- Gather necessary demographic, insurance and clinical information from patient and enters into appropriate database. Seek appropriate resources to resolve issues about the type, date or location of prescribed procedures.
- Schedulespatient procedures in a manner that most efficiently utilizes the patient's time and clinical resources. Coordinates and communicates schedules.
- Assist with coordination of activities related to insurance pre certification/authorization.
- Provide counseling to patient, participant or their representative regarding pre-service requirements and instructions.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team
Lourdes Hospital in Binghamton, NY, has been providing compassionate, personalized care to the Southern Tier for over 90 years. Join over 2,250 doctors, nurses and associates and find rewarding career opportunities at any of our 20 sites of care, including our 197-bed hospital, emergency department, ambulatory care sites, regional cancer center, specialty practices and mobile health and dental vans.
Ascension is a leading non-profit, faith-based national health system made up of over 150,000 associates and 2,600 sites of care, including more than 140 hospitals and 40 senior living communities in 19 states.
Our Mission, Vision and Values encompass everything we do at Ascension. Every associate is empowered to give back, volunteer and make a positive impact in their community. Ascension careers are more than jobs; they are opportunities to enhance your life and the lives of the people around you.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information, view the EEO Know Your Rights (English) poster or EEO Know Your Rights (Spanish) poster.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.